Thursday 29 May 2014

Teasing a Kickstarter campaign... Day 2

So, here we are again, another day, another tease - of course, you've already seen this one though, on day one of this blog... so I'll tack it on at the end!

Instead, I'll chat about the last few days. They have been mainly an attempt to construct a list of people to contact who might be interested in BitterSuite or, fingers crossed, would be more willing to write about them... I feel like I've effectively become the dark machine that sits at the end of a phone line incessantly ringing up busy people asking if they know that "they are due a round on their PPI insurance claim..."

It's all been a bit soul destroying... but that ends now.

I don't have a problem when I find someone who I genuinely think would like to hear about DOG BUTTON and BitterSuite and all the things we hold dear, and I think I've just found out how to find just those people, and it involves finding those people who like the films and stuff we do...

For example, Joe Swanburg's Drinking Buddies 


Just a little something I whipped up on Photoshop. Lord, I'm slick :-p
After searching for articles on Drinking Buddies I came across an article called "Let's Talk Drinking Buddies" over on The Movie Blog which outlined exactly what we're trying to do with BitterSuite - to make something "[not a] cutesy, light hearted comedy. Serious stuff happens as emotions and attraction happen."

Someone who likes that sort of stuff is sure to be interested in BitterSuite, right?! (And written in all the simple, non-fancy, words Jan loves too! CASHBACK!)Thanks, Kenny Miles, you're going on my list - and you've made me realise another way we can target this Kickstarter campaign! (Oh, and when I do contact you, I'll be sure to link you to this post, just so you can see that my thanks is genuine! Ha!)

Sam out!

PS. Before I go, here's today's teaser poster - I know you've already seen it, but what harm can it do, eh?!



Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone we messed up already - everything's planned from here on out, honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment