Wednesday 18 June 2014

Jan's KickStarter Diary.  'Like a blog, only more about me-me-me'


Day Two.


We’ve just gone past the 24 hour mark and already a lot has happened. Immediately after we launched, several of you dove right in and pledged your little hearts out and it means a lot to us.
That’s our first lesson – that we have healthy appreciation glands. Or maybe they’re relief glands. We’ve put a lot of work into just getting to the point where we can start nagging people for money to help get us to the point where we can start making the film. So we’re a long way off the actual point, but, even so, we’re already tired and therefore humbled when someone actually backs our little film and gives us that tiny piece of validation our broken, overly dramatic diary-writing characters require.

            Last night was the official launch party. Sam super-insisted that we have cake. He wasn’t going to make it… But he wanted it there. So I made two cakes and people loved it, but I take no credit because I did it entirely begrudgingly and tried my best to poison everyone. But in the end I’m just too good at baking and we learnt our second lesson of the day – let them eat cake.

            Sam just came in with a brilliant idea: WE SHOULD HAVE A BITTER-SWEET TASTING PARTY. This is now our lives: coming up with stupid ideas to convince people to donate money to our completely selfish and not-at-all-helping-the-poor-or-the-sick-or-any-of-the-other-people-jesus-helped-when-he-wasn’t-making-kitchen-sink-comedy-dramas-about-turning-thirty-and-not-having-a-clue-what-you’re-up-to cause. KickStarter is a confusing place.

            But, at midnight last night we got selected as a Staff Pick on the KickStarter. Perhaps we have made a good impression on the internet so far. Maybe it’s okay to ask money. Still not sure. But to everyone that’s pledged so far I can say whole-heartedly that we’re very grateful. There, a human moment. I’ll stop before I deliberately undermine my own sincerity it with a paedophile joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment