Wednesday 4 June 2014

Teasing a Kickstarter campaign... Day 6

13 DAYS UNTIL KICKSTARTER LAUNCH

After the release of all of the posters for BitterSuite, today is the first day of the "teasing" campaign that didn't have a image to go along with it; instead Jan and I had planned to release an overview and synopsis.... but it looked pretty damn boring, and didn't really work so well on Twitter!

Instead, I decided to take one of the major pieces of the project's visual identity (the wall from the first 'sofa' poster) and put the text we'd written over that. I think it looks a-ok.


As a bit of an experiment I made the image a 9x16 ratio, so that if people looked at it on their phone it would fill the frame entirely when held in portrait mode. I'll be interested to see what people make of it.

One thing I didn't expect, was that close friends already seem to be eager to help - the final poster, and this synopsis, were both shared without any prompting by us. I reckon this is a good sign as we approach the campaign... but I really want us to hit the magic 30% mark within the first 48 hours of our launch - that means, £3,300 so we're all gonna have to push hard to bring the sofa home!

That's all for today, smell ya later,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment